If you’re one of my new followers on Twitter, you may be wondering what it takes to get a follow back. I try to share the love and help others build a following. But I do have a few guidelines to who I will follow back.
I’ll probably give you a follow back if you:
- are a writer or participate in Sunday afternoon #writechat
- have an interesting bio that isn’t just a sales pitch
- actually post tweets & interact with others even if you have a few marketing links
- have witty, funny, risque (but not completely tasteless) posts
- give me some #FollowFriday love (That’s not a guarantee, though)
Or not to follow…
I’ll probably not give you a follow back if:
- your bio still has the default pic from twitter
- you are a huge Glenn Beck fan or some other radical right wingnut
- you ARE Glenn Beck or someone who pretends to be him
- your last 5 posts were about how to gain more twitter followers
- you are constantly begging people to follow you…Just STOP…it’s unattractive and a sometimes little creepy
- all of your posts are retweets of other peoples posts
- all of your posts are quotes that were obviously sent robotically
- all of your posts are boring – don’t care what you’re doing every minute of the day.
- Jesus is your co-pilot, pilot, captain, crossing guard or library hall monitor. I don’t believe in taking jobs away from hard working Americans and giving them to middle-eastern, 2,000 yr old zombies.
- you’re a crazy political extremist – in a way that is not entertaining
- you stalk prepubescent singing sensations
- you are naked (not always an automatic no follow)
The last one is a struggle for me. While I really don’t mind people surfing the internet in the nude – I’ve even done it myself at times – the problem is when people post nude picture of themselves on the website in their bios. Sometimes I click that website to see if they are someone I want to follow.
Now I don’t necessarily want my naked followers to stop following me, because that would cut out some of my most fun twitter conversations, but I don’t really want to follow them back and have that image in my head every time I read a post.
So, if you’re one of my naked tweeps, and I don’t give you any follow back love, don’t take it too hard. You’re still important to me.
That’s really all there is to my follow back guidelines. I try to check those followers I’m not following back, but I have a lot so a good way to catch my attention is to mention @AssassinGrl in one of your posts (in a nice way).
Also note that politically I am Radical about being Moderate. I want the government out of my womb, out of my bedroom, and out of my spiritual practices. I think people who want the government to support any type of religion should be voted off the island. I don’t go to your church and tell you to worship broccoli, so don’t go to my kid’s school & tell them they have to pray.
For you Left wingnuts. I believe in the death penalty in certain (limited) situations, I have no problem hunting down and killing a coward that sends others to fly planes into buildings & I think PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals. So, consider yourselves warned.
Hope that helps and as always…
Tweet ya’ later!